Monday 7 September 2015

Where The HeArt Is

So I told you all a couple of days ago about a new Challenge blog starting up...
Where The HeArt Is.
http://wheretheheartischallenge.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Well... today's kick off day!

We were given this lovely image from
The Chubby Mermaid https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/161226756/instant-download-be-free-coloring-page?ref=shop_home_active_14 to use in our projects.

Its amazing how different the same image can look on different projects. The Design Team did an amazing job on this challenge. Their projects really are something else!

Why not take a pop over to the blog page and get a look at our projects and join in the challenge.
The brief is 'USE TEXT' so its a pretty easy one to start us off.
Like I said the other day, this blog has two Design Teams... one for cards and one for mixed media so whatever your craft is, this challenge caters to all.

Heres my Design Team project for this challenge.

Hope you like. And remember, this is a new blog so we need people to participate in the challenges to help make it a success. So pop over, join in and spread the word. Hope to see you all there :) x

For this card I stamped onto some vellum with a versamark ink pad and heat embossed it with white embossing powder and layered it onto pale blue card from Papermill Direct (I used this same card for all my layers). I printed the image 3 times and coloured little elements in a pale blue Spectrum Noir (TB1). 
I then stamped my sentiment onto a piece of white card the same size as my images in a memento pearlesent blue ink and layered it intonthe blue card aswel. Using a silver gel pen I drew a wonky line around all 4 sides just to add a little something and using a blue ribbon I had in my stash, tied a bow and stuck it on below the sentiment. 
I used the same ribbon and stuck it around the card halfway down them foam padded my 4 main elements and stuck them down. A few pearls from my stash finished the card and helped balance it out a bit more and hey presto lol. 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous design Stacey and I love the embossed butterfly background..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy. Its the first time Ive embossed onto velum. Im thinking ill be doing it a lot more often now lol... really like the effect x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card!! Love that you have used the image more than once! Glad to be working with you
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berina! I wasnt quite sure what to do with it so I had printed the image a few times to be experiment or in case I made a mistake but decided to just use them all then lol. Lovely working with you too... we have a very talented team.
      Stacey x

      Delete