Wednesday 23 September 2015

Card and keepsake in one!!

Its my older sisters birthday in a few days and as she lives all the way in Canada while the rest of us are home in N.Ireland, and as it'll be her 30th, my mum asked me to make a few cards for her from both her and my youngest sister.
Mum never gives me any specifications when ordering so I pretty much get free reign.
With this being a milestone birthday, I wanted to do a little something special for her and thought of adding a few photographs of Shelley (my sister) throughout her life in the card somehow. Originally I had planned on doing a little fold out accordian style but in the front of the card but you know me and plans lol.
Instead I looked through my stash of dies etc and settled on an oval die cut topper with tattered lace wording and decided to try and add a pocket behing in which i could add the photos. I still intended on doing an oval accordian style fold but changed my mind last minute for something easier lol. For the insert I used a tonic pop up die. I've had this die for AGES but never actually used it inside a card for a pop up. I really like these dies tho so think I'm going to have to experiment a bit more in future. 
Anyways... this is the card I ended up doing. All using Papermill Direct card... as if you didnt already know :p.

To finish this card I added some satin ribbon and cosmic shimmer liquid pearl (will post pics of thw finished card tomorrow along with the wall hanging with photos... I'm sure Shelley won't mind me showing pics of a younger her lol). 

                

Mum also asked me if I could make a card from my youngest sister to send to Shelley. I really liked the Peek-A-Boo card concept I had seen on a technique challenge previously and thought something fun like an interactive card would be nice to make from Alannah (the youngest sister lol). 
Using a video turorial I found on YouTube and papers from Lili of the Valley combined with a Saturated Canary image... this is what I came up with! I really love this style and plan on making some Christmas cards with it as well as childrens cards. 
When the card is opened, this panel slides across to show the message.
 This is where Alannah will write her personal birthday message to Shelley. The back of the card is made in such a way that it opens for easier access for writing purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment