Saturday 12 September 2015

Distressing (but in the good way :p)

Howdy all :).
I havent got a lot of crafting done this last couple of days however it's been a few days since I blogged so I figured I'd stop by with a quick post to show you all what I've been up to this morning :).
I have a few card swaps I signed up for this month, 5 I think, so I really needed to get myself un gear and get making. I recently came across my embossing powders that I had long since forgotten about (and an unopened white one that I just had to have months ago cos I had so much I wanted to do with it apparently :p)  so figured this would be as good a time as any to give them a go.
I had seen the heat emboss in white and distress ink iver the top ages ago on You Tube and had always wanted to give it a try. I loved the results I got with this. On the first card, I used my Spectrum Noirs to colour in parts of the stamp and then layered my card onto matching PaperMill Direct cardstock.
The second I just left the embossing as it was as I loved how it looked against the colours of the distress inks (shaded lilac and evergreen bough).
For the last card, I used my versamark inkpad but instead of white embossing powder, I used a blank glittered one. This one didnt come out as crisp... not sure if its cos I used linen card or if the black embossing powder wasnt as fine as the white. I still liked the effect it gave tho so all in all...happy days lol. x

No comments:

Post a Comment