Thursday 3 September 2015

English charm

I love getting orders for cards! Last week the woman who ordered the coral and army wedding card from me placed another order for two birthday cards. One had specific requirements and the other was more of a free reign with the only instructions being they wanted it personalised and the recipient liked eating and drinking.
I had some beautiful toppers from Lili of the Valley that i thought would go perfectly. They incorporated the earing aspect but not so much the drinking so I included it in the verse inside.
Unfortunately with this card, the client mis spelled the recipients name, even after I double checked it with her so I had to make a slight alteration and add a few extra gems to cover a minor mark but I was able to salvage the card without having to re do and I actually like the added gems as they seem to add that little something extra.
The papers I used for this card were all from Lili of the Valley however I mixed and matched papers from various collections. The image is from Englsh Charm Art Pad and the ribbons are ones I had in my stash. For the gem on the bow, I used my glue gun and made a dollop of glue on some non stick paper and sprinkled with glitter. I love how these turned out and how easy they are.
I used a mixture of dies to add another layer to the cards and really liked the outcome.
Hope you like my end result :)

No comments:

Post a Comment