Saturday 12 September 2015

Its A Boy!!!

I've had this gorgeous Sugar Nellie digi stamp sitting coloured in for a while (I've one I've coloured pink sitting about somewhere too) but was yet so do something with it.
I absolutely love how lifelike these images are!
There wasnt much needed for this card as the image does most of the work for you :)... image had been printed in Supersmooth cardstick from Papermill Direct.
For this card, I basically just embossed a piece of linen cardstock (it wasnt the embossing folder I had planned on using but of course the one I did want was nowhere to be found this morning) and layered it onto a piece of pearlescent cardstock 1 1/4 inches bigger that I had distressed in shaded lilac distressing ink. I used a Create and Craft die to cut out the image and because there was no matching larger die to matt this onto, i drew around the die I used for the image and because the cutting blade wasnt at the edge of the die, it left me a bit of a border that I was able to cut around with my scissors. I also used the distressing ink for this on pearlescent card as well as for the matt and layering of the strip on the front of the card aswell. I used white linen card from Papermill Direct for the embossing layer and for the top of the strip going across the card and using my creative expressions piercing ruler, i pierced along the top and bottom edge before adding the ribbon halfway down the card.
All that was left to do was put the card together... all card layers were stuck flat to the card base (which was also made from Papermill Directs linen cardstock) and the the image was stuck to the matt with 3d foam pads and it in turn was 3d foam padded to the card base. I used liquid pearls in the top right and bottom left corners to finish the card off.
How cute did it not turn out. Alls left now is to persobalise it whenever I have someone for it lol. I do have two cousins pregnant at the minute... one due this month but shes having a girl (in hindsight, I really should have used my baby girl image lol) and the other in a couple of months and shes keeping it a surprise so you never know. Although by that stage I'll prob have a few more baby cards made lol.

Challenge entered:
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh so lovely !
    Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator Challenge ! xx

    ReplyDelete