Tuesday 15 September 2015

And Christmas has begun!!

Well the making of the Christmas cards anyways lol.
I bought a new die set the other day and of course didnt look at the size of the dies so when they arrived, they were smaller than I had thought. It took a while to figure out how to use them with them being so small and when I made my first card with them, I didn't like it and posted it on Facebook for a few opinions from other card makers on how to improve it. Turns out it was quite popular and everyone seemed to like what I had done... just goes to show what isn't one persons cup of tea might be anothers.
The good feedback led me to using another of the dies in the pack to make another card using the same layout.
The tree card is the first one I made and the cup of hot chocolate (I'm assuming lol) is tonights make.
These cards were really easy to make... for the tree card, I used cream linen cardstock to make a 6x6 card base. I then cut a layer of teal Papermill Direct cardstock a quarter if an inch smaller and  layered it on top leaving an even border on all sides. Using the piece of cardstock I cut off from making the card base, i cut the tree die out 8 times and stuck them evenly at the top and bottom of the teal cardstock. This left a gap in the middle I wasn't sure what to do with so I decided on using white ribbon with a thinner teal ribbon on top to bring the card together. Using both ribbons, I also made two bows with the white one being slightly bigger. I layeres these together with glue dots and using a bit of bakers twine, i tied a christmas tree charm around the bows.
Pretty easy!
The other card was down basicallybthe same was other than ysing Papermill Directs Buff colored cardstock and white and red ribbon. This time I didnt add a charm as I had none that would match however I coloured the little heart that came out of the die cuts in red (spectrum noir DR1... also what I used to colour white ribbon red as I have run out of red ribbon) which helped add that little something.
I think these cards are growing on me noew and I'm starting to like them... probably helped by the feedback I received from the lovely people of Facebook land lolm Crafters really are the nicest people :).
Anyways... without much further ado... here are my cards using Taylored Expressions You've Been Framed Christmas dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment