Saturday 5 September 2015

It's been a LOTV kinda day! :)

I got a message from my aunt on fb yesterday saying one of the nurses in my grannys care home had saw some of the birthday cards I'd made granny and wanted me to ring her about getting a wedding card made. Excited that she liked my cards enough to want to order one but nervous as I'd have to take an order over the phone (I'm quite a shy person and am not one for talking to people I don't know lol) but still... yay lol.
So I got up the courage to ring and she was lovely. Don't know what I was nervous about but then that's always the way, right? Anyways, she wanted a wedding card and was prettyuch letting me have free reign although she did say she liked the 'older' look with lace, pearls etc and didnt want any glitter or shiny stuff lol. Just as she was about to hang up she then remembered about another card she could get me to make. This time an engagement one for her daughter who had got engaged in May but she hadn't got her a card yet as she didnt see one she liked. Eek... no pressure or anything lol. The brief was pretty much the same for this one... older type and no glitter. And she needed both before Sunday.
Hmm... lol.
So I got to work tonight (after getting another message from someone else at around half 4 today to see if I could make a 16th birthday card for 6 when I got home from a morning of babysitting my niece... will post pics at the end of this post) and looked through my stash. I really had no time to go out and get anything new and if I started looking digi stamps online I'd lose track of time and forget to come off... happens quite regularly to be fair :p.
I came across an art pad from Lili of the Valley that I thought might be suitable... the True Love pack. I paired my images from the True Love pack with papers from their Country Lady paper collection and got making.

Almost forgot lol, the bottom layer of this card was embossed (not sure of the folder as I binned the packaging ages ago... whoops... but its an A4 folder) and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink. 
This is the 16th birthday card I also made today using papers from LOTV Butterfly Kisses paper pack and an image from their James and Jenny Bear Art Pad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment