Thursday 15 October 2015

Peace On Earth in Pastels

I've been lacking on my Christmas card makes recently so when I came across a sketch challenge on a Facebook Group I belong to, I figured what better excuse to make a Christmas card... the winners gift was pretty awesome and it means a card will be made.

I had the background for this little card stamped up for a while. I had planned on using it for a different project however when I laid my things out before sticking down, I no longer liked it and so this went spare, To create the layer, I stamped a few different sizes of snowflake stamps in my pearlescent memento dew drop ink pads... in the blue, the pink and the silver. I then layered this onto a pale pink cardstock from Papermill Direct. Using their pale blue, I cut quite a thick strip and cut a triangle out at the bottom to make it a banner style strip. I cut a thinner strip of pink polka dot paper from Lili of The Valley and did the same, I layered both layers onto the pink card and cut in the same way before sticking the smaller strip on top and off centre. I wrapped baby blue ribbon from my stash around these layers and stuck them to the left of my stamped card. Using my Spellbinder Scalloped Circles, I cut a circle out of the pale blue card I used earlier and placed my image (also from LOTV) on top. Using the smallest die in the set, I cut another blue circle and cut in half to place behind my stamped sentiment (also done in the blue pearlescent memento ink pad). using a blue promarker, I coloured three white pearls and attached them at the top right of my card and hey presto!

This was an easy card to make, and pretty quick (even though my description makes it seem otherwise :p). Hope you like my little pastel coloured Christmas card! :) x (the sketch I followed is below).



No comments:

Post a Comment