Thursday 8 October 2015

My newest makes!

In the run up to craft fair season, I've been experimenting with a few little ideas of things to make and hopefully sell as handmade cards aren't always that popular.
I have always wanted to try my hand at candle making or making handmade wax melts I should say. I ordered a few bits and pieces at the weekend for them and they came yesterday and this morning. Me having that patience, or lack thereof, that I have, i had to get making straight away. I made a few batches up yesterday amd can safely say I'm hooked lol.
As much as I love card making,and I always will, candle making is so much quicker and a lot tidier lol. Maybe just cos I'm an increadibly messy crafter tho :p.
After thinking on how to package the melts to make them more attractive, i thought I'd try out a card technique I'd been eyeing up for ages but never actually tried yet either... an easel card with a pull out drawer underneath. Using Papermill Direct teal card (I absolutely love this) and gold mirror card from my stash (courtesy of Home Bargains) I  made up the easel card and drawer and a little matching box to hold it. I stamped an image from a stamp set I got free in a magazine onto the teal card with versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold glitter embossing powder. This gave a real sparkle and looked amazing against the teal. Using a different stamp from the set, I made a stopper (which I stuck on strips of layered gold mirror card and teal card and hot glued a few buttons together for the drawer handle and topped with a gem.
I'm really in love with this little design and it has proved popular with others I have showed it too aswell.
Hope you like :).

No comments:

Post a Comment