Sunday 4 October 2015

New Order Book!

Can you tell I'm in love with both mixed media and these little OddBall Art stamps? Lol.
I thought it about time I made myself a new order book. My old one was rather plain looking (just a plain shop bought one) and has gone walkies so I've been writing my orders on another notebook I've had lying around.
Using acrylic paints ( in cerulean, rose and lemon yellow) I created a background onto white hammered linen card. I placed the paints rather randomly but wasnt fussed in how it turned out... possibly cos I put the yellow on last n it didnt look right with the others underneath. To try n blend them together, I used a thin layer of white paint and although it did help mute and blend the colours, i still wasnt fussed on it. I've heard someone say before that mixed media projects tend to have an 'ugly stage'... this was definitely it lol.
I mixed some texture paste with light green acrylic paint and using my harlequin mask, dis a bit of stenciling. This helped a good bit I think but when it has dried, I went over my rose and cerulean painted areas again brightening them up.
I then sprayed all over my project with some ink sprays (cosmic shimmer chic grey blue and decadent grape and a bronze shimmer spray I made using a bronze shimmer acrylic paint and water). I then stuck an image I bought a few days ago from Oddball Art and coloured in with Promarkers on 3d foam pads and stuck it to the bottom right of my page. Using a tattered lace alphabet die set, I cut out individual letters and stuck them onto black cardstock. I distressed the edges of my page, layered onto teal carfstock and then adhered it to my notebook.
I had a spare image left so coloured it using my promarkers. I took another piece of hammered cardstock and using the same 3 colours of paints coloured the background in block colours. I sprayed over the papers with the same ink mista and again die cut letters in white supersmooth card and stuck onto black cardstock. I then adhered this to the back of my notebook so it would have a double function and all my projects would be kept together.
Hope you like my little notebook :).

No comments:

Post a Comment