Monday 19 October 2015

Drinks Up!

I had a last minute card to make for my sister to give to her of her friends. (I was given a couple of days notice but left it last minute cos men are SOO hard to make for lol).
She had initially wanted a card with the local football team he plays for on it but as I wasnt sure what copyright etc would be, I decided to steer away from that. She was getting another of my sisters to make him a glitter guinness glass so I figured I'd make him a matching guiness style birthday card. After all... what 18 year old bloke isn't going to go out and have hus first legal pint as soon as he could lol.
I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do for the card... guiness glass with his name put on it using Craft Artist 2 software and colour scheme black, silver (possibly silver glitter card) and white and maybe a few stars threw in the mix :).
Knowing what I wanted to do made for a lot quicker work.
To make life handy for myself, I made a 6x6 card blank out of black card. I layered silver mirror card onto this and cut a piece of white supersmooth card a quarter of an inch smaller. I bought a digikit from daisytrail with a guiness style glass and used the 'add text' feature to put a message on the glass. I copy and pasted this with the plan to decoupage when printed.
Using a star die set I got free in a mag, I cut a star out on the top left of my white card layer (making sure there was room for my pint glass on the bottom right).
I layered my two pint glasses on top of each other with 3d foam tape and stuck where I wanted. I then cut various sized stars and stuck them in random paces over the card. Using my tattered lace numbers, i cut out a 1 and 8 and added faux stitching and then stuck this over the aperture I made earlier with the star. To finish the front off, I added 3 gems on the top right and put glossy accents ovee the glass. I really loved the effect the glossy accents gave as it looked like an actual glass. My glossy accents had went on slightly bubbled which I though would wreck the card but when it dried, it looked like the bubbles in the guinness going up the glass.
My sister was over the moon with the card and everyone was in awe of the glass and how I'd done it so needless to say I was happy lol.
Heres the final card (and matching insert). Hope you like :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment