Monday 8 June 2015

Special commission :)

 Thought it was about time I started a blog, so here goes... my first post! Just hope I am doing it right :p.
 It was a special little girl, my niece's, first birthday about a week ago and seeing as her party theme was Minnie Mouse, I had to come up with a few different ideas for Minnie Mouse themed cards. Using a few digital papers I bought on etsy, these are the cards I came up with.  

 
This grand daughter card was made using baby Minnie Mouse papers and clip art image that came on the digital paper pack I bought from etsy. the pink and yellow cards I used to layer are from Papermill Direct as is the card I printed the background on... it is their white linen effect card so has a lovely texture to it. I had stuck the ribbon onto the card before the topper so I slightly misjudged the size of the topper... the ribbon ideally should have went through the middle of the sentiment however the recipient was more than happy with the card as it was so I didn't need move it.
 
 
This card was printed on photo paper to ensure the photo came out as best quality as possible. The backing paper was also from the baby Minnie Mouse pack I had bought and the Minnie mouse from a different kit I bought also on etsy. the software I used to create the card was Craft Artist 2 so using items I had on it, I inserted the required text and frame as well as the border along the bottom. The Minnie Mouse, the frame, the 'Ava Rose and '1 TODAY' were all put on 3d foam so as to lift them off the page and give the card a bit of dimension.
 
 
And finally, this card was made from the second digital paper pack I had bought. the hot pink card I matt and layered with was from Papermill Direct as was the supersmooth white card I printed my required papers onto. I also used my Craft Artist 2 software to make this card as due to the size of card, I was able to lay all out digitally to see how I wanted the card before printing all the elements out separately. It definitely helped speed up my card making as I was able to print all to size and limited wastage of my card and printer ink.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment