Tuesday 25 August 2015

Wedding card commission

O dear... I've been a naughty Stacey and let mt blogging fall a tad behind! I've been getting loads of babysitting time in with my gorgeous little niece instead while her mummy and daddy move house so I have to admit, I'm not at all sorry :p lol.
Anyhow... even though I haven't been blogging, I've still been getting creative and making my cards.
I gad a commisuin from a lady a few days agonlooking a wedding card. She herself makes cards however was a bit stuck on this one as it was for her sons wedding and she had a specific theme she wanted on it which was throwing her a bit. I of course stepped in... any excuse to get making lol.
Her specifications were coral (her sons wedding theme) and she wanted the army incorporated somehow (her son serves in the army). This was a little tricky however once I figured out what I wanted to do, it was easy enough... especially seeing as the coral and camoflague worked so well together.
This is the card I ended up with. (Apologies in advance for the poor lighting and picture quality).

For this card, I matt and layered gold glitter card (from b&m) with coral coloured card ( I didn't have any coral and wouldn't have had it delivered in time if I ordered it, so I coloured white supersmooth card from Papermill Direct with one of my Spectrum Noir markers... CR8 to make it coral). I then layered camoflague paper I printed onto white supersmooth on top and using my new mariposa dies from 'couture by Create and Craft', cut the top layer apso from white supersmooth card. I cut the extra layer of heart from the same papers and once again coloured with my SN marker ( inalso used this for my ribbon which was originally white). Using my Craft Artist Studio software, I typed my sentiments for the front of the card and the verse for the insert and changed the colour of my text with the picker tool so it would match perfectly. I layered all these onto either coloured coral card or gold glitter card and added to the card. Using my CR8 marker, I also then coloured the tips of a handmade rose (not sure if the make as I had them lying loose in my stash) and added this on top of the bow on the front of my card. 
Overall I loved how this card looked and ended up having to make a matching box as it was too deep for the envelope with the flower in it. *picture will also be attached of the insert and matching box). Hope you like :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment