Monday 10 August 2015

A special ladys birthday! :)

Its my grannys birthday today and although I've had her card made for a week, (I got new dies and just had to play lol) I got a text last night at 11pm from my dad asking if I could make him and one of my sisters a card for her from each of them.
Always last minute with that man lol.
Anyways... i figured it was a chance to use my most recent Lili of the valley purchases and see what I could come up with. Results as follows :p.

This is my card for granny that I made last week using my new couture by create and craft dies.i live this collection... the mariposa. They make beautiful card with little work. To make this one I just used an 8x8 card blank, some mirror card and some white super smooth. For the front I just matt and layered the mirror and supersmooth card and then cut the mariposa reflections die out of white supersmooth. For the inside I matt and layered the card again and cut the pop up die out in gold and then snipped it out of the card. I just had to add some bling on a roll for the centre of the butterfly and hey presto :).
Now for the last minute cards lol.

For this card I used the papermania capsule collection papers matt and latered with navy card from Papermill direct. The image is from Lili of the Valleys James and Jenny Bear art pad which I cut out using a sizzix die. I cut the 'GRANDMA' using tattered lace dies and stuck them on to white card which was then layered onto the navy. I added some navy satin ribbon from my stash too and card number one completed :).
For this one I used an image from the English Charm art pad from Lili of the Valley. I also used LOTV papers from the 'bonnets and bowties' collection which i matt and layered into lilac card from Papermill direct. I finished this one with a tattered lace 'mum' and pearls, ribbon and a handmade paper rose to finish. 
This card was an extra one I did for my youngest sister to give to granny. This time I used a mixture of papers... papermania capsule papers and a paper I had in my stash. I had planned on sewing around all the layers on this card but my sewing machine thought different. Instead onlynthe middle layer got sewn and the top layer was just pierced. I used an image from James and Jenny bear art pad for this one aswell and die cut 'GRANDMA' out of the bottom paper. I used satin ribbon from my stash with a paper flower on top and some pearls to finish it off. All the layers were distressed around the edges too which helped add tobthe look I was going for. 

All in all I think I did a decent enough job for a last minute one and considering how tired I am, I was quite impressed lol. As for now,  ingear my bed calling. Night all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment